Five of Boland’s top wines excelled at this year’s Michelangelo Awards. They are:
- Boland Reserve No 1 Chenin Blanc 2014 (unwooded), also winner of the General Smuts Trophy for Best Wine at the SA Young Wine Show, was crowned with DOUBLE GOLD;
- Boland Reserve No 1 Pinotage 2012 was awarded GOLD;
- Boland Reserve No 1 Shiraz 2013 received GOLD too;
- Boland Five Climates Sauvignon Blanc 2015 also awarded GOLD; and
- Boland Reserve Reserve No 1 Chenin Blanc 2014 (wooded) received SILVER.
Cellar Master Johan Joubert beamed when the good news broke. “These highly-rated International Michelangelo Awards for five of our prime cultivar wines confirm that Boland Cellar is indeed in a privileged position and geared for the challenges of the future. The ability to source grapes from our members who farm on various soil types with micro and macro climates which often differ completely, gives us a competitive edge. I believe that this, combined with top class viticultural and vinicultural practices, enable our award-winning team of winemakers to achieve recognition at the highest level.”